Having any mental health condition isn’t something to take lightly. If you are experiencing it, we are here to help through affirmation.
I hope this list helps you maintain an optimistic attitude during difficult times in life. These affirmations are especially beneficial if you are battling a mental health condition or if a loved one is through a difficult period.
Keep them on hand or print them off and bring them with you to remind yourself that your sentiments are real and deserve to be validated. There is nothing wrong with feeling whatsoever that seems best for you; just remember to lean into it in order to reclaim control of your emotions, allowing you to show up genuinely.
Mental health is equally as critical as physical health to your overall well-being. Maintaining good mental health can be challenging, but there are numerous things you can do to ensure that it improves and does not deteriorate.
What Are Health Affirmations?
For those who are still unsure what health affirmations are, bear in mind that they are mostly focused on your health. Health can be defined as mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Frequently, we are overly hard on ourselves for a variety of reasons.
We tend to lose steam when we work out vigorously or when we reach a plateau when attempting to reduce an absurd amount of weight, correct?
Initiating affirmations, on the other hand, will always keep you away from negative ideas and assist you in viewing the bigger picture.
In other words, health affirmations have a tendency to redirect our minds toward a more positive and calm mental state.
Believe us when we say that this peace of mind and positive attitude will assist you in overcoming depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, wrath, and other mental health disorders.
Some Health Benefits of Affirmations
You’ve probably heard that photographs are powerful, correct? To be sure, words contain an enormous amount of force and energy that you may be unaware of. If you practice health affirmations on a consistent basis, you will reap numerous benefits (more than 100 times daily, for 6 months).
Six Tips for Improving Your Mental Health:
Ready to improve your mental health? Here are some tips aside from affirmations that you can use.
Avoid overworking or comparing yourself to others.
Put yourself under no obligation to be the greatest at anything you do. Put an end to your comparisons with others – especially on social media. Social media is a platform for people to showcase their best moments, not necessarily their entire life. You have no idea what else is going on with them or what else they are going through. It’s all too tempting to believe that everyone else has it all figured out while you are either lacking or less successful in life. This is simply a small portion of the pie.
Increase your exposure to new people and experiences.
Meet new people, form genuine friendships, and communicate in person with them. Perhaps you embark on an adventure solely for the sake of enjoyment or to increase your sense of vitality – even if it does not provide you with the pleasure of initiating a discussion with someone new that leads to something else in the future. If anything positive comes out of these encounters, then at the very least try new things that may be beneficial to your mental health.
Slow down and spend time alone.
While spending time alone may make you feel lonely and depressed, it is actually beneficial to your mental health. However, the only way to make it more delightful is to slow down. This is particularly critical if you suffer from anxiety or panic episodes. When you’re alone, take a short walk in the woods, curl up with a book or your favorite childhood toy, or listen to relaxing music on your phone or CD player — simply take some time to enjoy yourself without distractions. This will have a profound effect on your mental health.
Allow yourself time to mingle.
Do not spend your entire time alone. Get out into the world and engage in human interaction. When you spend enough time interacting and connecting with others, your mental health will immediately improve. You’ll experience decreased stress, increased productivity, increased happiness, increased strength, and improved overall health.
Optimize your brain’s performance by avoiding irritants such as technology and noise.
Your brain is a fragile organ that requires the greatest possible care — both physically and psychologically. It is critical that you avoid everything that would create unnecessary anxiety in your mental state at the moment, including electronics and even excessively loud noises. You do not need to spend all of your time alone or completely disconnect from technology. You may easily cut down on screen time by adopting a minimalist lifestyle or just not carrying your phone with you at all times. When you’re in bed, turn off and disconnect your phone to ensure that you receive the rest you need — the finest sleep occurs when the room is quiet enough for you to hear your own deep breaths. There is no reason why technology should be on your mind at night, even more so if you are attempting to sleep.
Consume nutritious foods and beverages.
You do not need to eat a perfectly clean diet to have excellent mental health. You simply need to make some nutritious choices. If you are able to do so ethically, eat vegetarian or vegan, and if possible, select real foods over processed meals. The nicest part of eating a plant-based diet is that it is gentle on both your body and brain. It will assist you in maintaining mental stability at all times by providing you with ample energy throughout the day, lowering stress and depression, and generally making you feel more optimistic about life.
Get adequate sleep.
While eating healthfully and getting enough sleep are critical components of obtaining good mental health, you must also prioritize getting enough quality sleep. While most individuals require eight hours of sleep, some require more or less. Ascertain that you are getting enough sleep and developing healthy sleep habits, such as not using your phone before bed. Additionally, you can use lavender essential oil or brainwave entrainment audio to help you sleep better or fall asleep faster.
10 Mental Health Affirmations for Keeping Your Positive Attitude
- Everyone around me is meant to be in my life at this time because they provide the lessons in life that I need to grow as a person. All is well!
- One day at a time is all that I need to focus on today. If I can get through this day, then I can get through the next.
- I have the power to choose my thoughts and emotions and I choose to feel hopeful today.
- It’s ok to not be ok. Feeling sad, angry, lonely, or anxious is all part of being human.
- No one can cause me emotional pain unless I allow them to. Decide who and what has the power over you today and take it back!
- It’s ok if you don’t know what you want right now because that is the way life works sometimes- we stumble into our purpose instead of knowing it ahead of time.
- I give myself permission to feel what I feel without judgment or self-loathing, and as a result, I no longer feel ashamed of my feelings.
- I give myself permission to not be perfect and let go of the need to have it all together or make everything look good on the outside.
- It’s ok to not be ok right now because everyone goes through hard times. Choose hope instead of hopelessness today!
- Everything in my life moves me towards my destiny and purpose; therefore, all events are meant to be.
Make a list of your favorite affirmations and read them regularly; if you do, you will eradicate anxiety symptoms. Make a positive change in your daily routine, enhance your mental health via the use of positive affirmations, or if you suffer from anxiety, utilize anxiety affirmations. Send a message to your brain’s health system that you wish to eliminate stress symptoms.
Positive Affirmations For General Mental Health
- I’m capable of healing.
- I’m enough.
- There is nothing wrong with my diagnosis, but I’m not it.
- In spite of my diagnosis, my life will go on.
- For the good things in my life, I’m grateful.
- I am proud of the person I have become.
- Loving and caring for myself is something I do every day.
- I take care of myself every day.
- I speak my mind openly and courageously.
- My life is full of great experiences.
- I deserve to be loved and happy.
- Using positive affirmations, I am able to counteract my negative self-talk.
- I am not defined by my mental health issues.
- I have the power to improve my mental health.
- Because I am who I am, I am content with my life.
- In the same way that I cherish my physical health, I also value my mental well-being.
- My feelings are important.
- I am greater than the trauma that has affected me.
- I have complete and utter trust in myself.
- The blessings in my life make me happy, and I’m thankful for them all.
- There are those who can assist me.
- Mentally powerful is a strong word to use when describing me.
- My thoughts and feelings are a valid point of view.
- There is much more to me than my mental illness.
- It takes courage to ask for help.
- There is nothing wrong with my having mental health issues.
- I’m okay with who I am.
- I am deserving of every good thing that comes my way.
Positive Affirmations For Anxiety
- I’m aware of my nervousness.
- I am not my nervous thoughts.
- With the support of my coping skills, I am able to manage my anxiety.
- I am in command.
- I’m confident in my ability to better manage my anxiety.
- I am fully immersed in the here and now.
- I have complete faith in my abilities and my own abilities.
- I’m not embarrassed to admit that I’m anxious.
- It’s normal for me to feel apprehensive at times.
- I’m at peace right now.
- I’m brave and strong in the face of anxiety.
- This is a process that has been going on for some time.
- I’m not under the thumb of my anxiety.
- I have complete control over all of my feelings.
- There are others out there who have experienced what I have.
- I’m not an anxious person.
- I’m a laid-back and optimistic individual.
- I let go of all my anxieties.
- I’m confident in my abilities and the direction I’m heading in the near future.
- I’m at peace and confident in my abilities to deal with whatever comes my way.
- I am fearless and confident.
- I’m more than just a bundle of nerves.
- My emotions are under my control.
- My life will not be ruled by my anxiety.
- I’m at peace and focused.
Positive Affirmations For Depression
- Kindness is one of my virtues.
- I am not depressed.
- I can turn my negative thoughts into positive ones.
- I’m not who I think I am.
- My thoughts, like myself, are malleable.
- I am not defined by my struggle with depression.
- I value the little things just as much as the large ones.
- Even when it’s challenging, I make time for me.
- I believe that I can overcome my depression on my own.
- My terrible days, even the really bad ones, are okay.
- With love and compassion, I respond to my feelings.
- I’ve come to terms with my depression.
- Every morning is a fresh start.
- Every day of my life, I believe, I am entitled to joy.
- My existence is a blessing.
- Because I’m here, there’s a space for me.
- I focus on the good things in life.
- Happiness is a feeling I encounter on a daily basis for me.
- Every day I learn something new about how to deal with my depression.
- What depression throws at me, I know I can take.
- I’m not embarrassed to admit that I suffer from depression.
- Depression gives me a new perspective on the world and the people in it.
- Not feeling well is fine with me.
- Even when I’m depressed, I’m able to find happiness.
- Depression isn’t the only thing that’s wrong with me.
To summarize, mental health affirmations are effective because they have the potential to alter your feelings and hence your entire perspective on life. Adopt them into your heart, make them yours, and observe how they transform you!
Mentally, you must choose to focus on the best aspects of yourself and avoid thinking about the worst that others may think of you. Additionally, one must check their thoughts and feelings to avoid falling into a downward spiral of progressively distressing difficulties — while some issues may only be treated through medicine or therapy, many others can be resolved through positive thinking and a healthy self-image.
Improve your relationships with others and your daily activities; incorporate these daily affirmations into your daily activities and your depressive symptoms will subside; you will have a positive mind and will improve your mental health and all brain regions; if you are in a recovery process, this will also help you maintain motivation.