Ready for the Holiday Stress? I know, it’s not fun, but you can cope up with it! Try these affirmations for a more fun holiday!
25+ Calming Affirmations For Holiday Stress
The holiday season does not have to be a time of stress, tiredness, anxiety and concern. Indeed, the holiday season is a time of remarkable uplift and enthusiasm for many people in recovery. The key is to be deliberate about pursuing the joyous, hopeful, and good—beginning each day with a few words of positive affirmation.
Those who have never tried self-affirmation may underestimate the impact of a positive attitude. Aligning your thinking toward optimism and hopefulness can have a far-reaching effect, boosting your vitality, fortifying you against relapse, multiplying your happiness, and expanding your capacity for thankfulness.
In this article, we will help you with your holiday stress using different affirmations. Of course, you can personalize affirmations to make them more effective and closer to you. Feel free to give it a bit of a twist and make it as your own. Without further ado, let’s start!
Stress and Anxiety During the Holiday Season
While the holidays are typically recognized as a time of love, appreciation, and fellowship, they can also be a time of sadness and grief for many people. You could be nervous about social gatherings. Perhaps you’re anxious because you’re lonely.
An oversupply of food may cause you to get worried, causing you to lose your sense of peace and stability. Many people have anxiety when it comes to gift-giving and money problems. And occasionally, past events can make you dread the holidays rather than enjoy them.
Whatever you’re feeling, I want you to know that it’s alright to feel that way. It’s okay to feel all of your emotions without trying to hide them or pretend they don’t exist. Please do not describe these emotions as harmful or wrong. Don’t try to repress them only to appear cheerful.
With loving love and care, tend to your anxiety. When social gatherings become stressful, step outside and take deep breaths. Allow yourself grace when the abundance of food causes your chest to constrict and feel heavy. When you’re worried about money, you should love yourself a little more. Make taking care of your entire self a priority: mind, body, and spirit. If you only give yourself one gift this year, make it the gift of self-compassion.
You Might Also Enjoy: 30+ Christmas Affirmation To Brighten Your Holiday Spirit
Do Affirmations Help With Anxiety?
When we are nervous or scared, we all have the propensity to imagine the worst possible outcomes of the current circumstance. Obviously, in most instances, these concerns are unfounded, but it is human nature to anticipate the worst.
You can gain mental control by repeating positive affirmations. Instead of letting your thoughts wander, you direct it in the proper direction. Instead of succumbing to your fear, you remind yourself that you can overcome it.
Obviously, not everything you tell yourself will come to pass. It is essential to base your affirmations on reality and customize them, so they connect with you. If you have difficulty believing what you say, you may feel as though you are lying to yourself, which can heighten your worry rather than provide you with much-needed solace.
I create ready-to-use lists of affirmations for various life circumstances. A simple list such as this is useful when beginning to use affirmations. You will gain a deeper awareness of yourself and your own triggers over time, enabling you to create your own affirmations with more precise goals based on your particular life experiences.
Calming Affirmations For Holiday Stress
- My happiness is one of the greatest gifts I can give.
- I will find joy in where I am.
- I have positive affirmations to get me through the season.
- I will treat myself with kindness, patience and understanding.
- I am not alone. I am surrounded by people who love me.
- I have the power to make this a beautiful day.
- Today is a beautiful gift, and I pledge to be present and live fully in each moment.
- My presence is the greatest gift I can offer my loved ones.
- My presence is delightful to others.
- Everybody loves having me around.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I will be gentle with myself today.
- When I’m feeling overwhelmed, I give myself permission to step away and breathe.
- I give myself permission to do what is best for me.
- I choose to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.
- I listen to what my soul needs in each and every moment.
- I honor my past experiences, but I do not allow them to take away from my current joy.
- I make space for all of my feelings, but I have the power to rise above anything that doesn’t serve my highest good.
- In the face of worry and anxiety, I choose gratitude and faith.
- I choose peace over worry.
- I am safe and supported, rooted in this present moment.
- I am equipped with all the tools I need to face today with courage and compassion.
- It’s okay for me to feel anxious. I respond to my anxiety with love and compassion.
- I am not my thoughts.
- I am not my fears.
- I am not my anxiety.
Check This Out: 30+ Christmas Gifts to the Affirmations and Manifestation Lovers in your Life
These uplifting statements help you deal with the stress that the holidays bring and ensure you get the most out of every situation. Keep in mind that you might even remember the year 2022. Stress and anxiety are all part of the holiday tradition, but don’t worry; you won’t have to.
Try the affirmations above and be the best you can be during the holidays. You can always customize it in the way you want. We wish you the best holiday ever, and we do hope that affirmations can help you with your holiday stress and anxiety.